Maple Sausage, Sweet Potato and Caramelized Apple Hash with Fried Eggs
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (½ inch pieces)
- Salt 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 small Gala apples, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage (8 ounces)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 fried eggs
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover potatoes by about 1 inch. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over MEDIUM heat. Stir in sugar. Add apples; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring frequently. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Cook sausage and onion in same skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Drain potatoes. Add to sausage mixture with apples; mix well. Top with eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare using ½ pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor or Hot Pork Sausage Roll (8 ounces).)
4 servings (¼ recipe each)