Creamy Sausage Gravy
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 4 split warm biscuits for serving
- Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain, reserving drippings; place sausage in bowl. If necessary, add enough oil to reserved drippings to measure 1 tablespoon. Return drippings to skillet.
- Add flour and pepper to skillet; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Cook over MEDIUM heat 6-8 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add sausage; cook 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Serve over biscuits.
4 servings (2 biscuit halves and 1 cup gravy each))