Italian Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:50 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Italian Roll Sausage
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups French bread cubes (¾-inch pieces)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tomato, seeded, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Beat eggs, milk and black pepper in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; stir gently until evenly coated. Stir in sausage, 1½ cups cheese, mushrooms, tomato and green pepper.
- Pour into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
To make casserole ahead, assemble casserole as directed; cover. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, uncover and bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.)
To make a Sage or Spicy Egg Casserole, prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sage, Regular or Hot Roll Sausage.)
12 servings (1 square each))