Sausage Apple Cranberry Breakfast Torta
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:60 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unfold pastry sheets. On lightly floured surface roll out sheets to two (12-inch squares). Spray bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Line with one sheet dough on bottom and upsides of pan.
- Toss apples and cranberries with sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add ricotta cheese; mix well.
- Layer half of the sausage, ricotta cheese mixture, apples and cheddar cheese on top of the crust. Repeat layer.
- Top with remaining pastry, fold under edges of pastry and tuck inside of pan. Brush pastry with remaining beaten egg. Cut 4 slits in top crust.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing rim. Cut into 12 wedges.
12 servings (1 wedge each)