Easy Egg Casserole
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:50 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups French bread cubes (¾-inch pieces)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; stir gently until evenly coated. Stir in sausage crumbles and 1 ½ cups cheese.
- Pour into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
Substitute 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled for Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles.)
Spinach-Egg Casserole: Add 1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dry, to egg mixture before pouring into prepared baking dish.)
Make-Ahead Egg Casserole: Assemble casserole as directed; cover. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, uncover and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.)
12 servings (1 square each))