Aunt Bee’s Sausage and Cheese Pie
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose baking mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook sausage and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. Spoon sausage mixture into a lightly greased, 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Combine milk, baking mix and eggs in a medium bowl and blend with a wire whisk. Pour batter over sausage in pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Top with sliced tomato and sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.