Six Layer Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 slices wide-pan hearty country white bread (about 5x1-¼ inches each)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, pepper and garlic in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet. Stir in cheese.
- Place 1 bread slice on bottom of lightly greased 1-½-quart round casserole or soufflé dish; top with ⅓ of the sausage mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Beat eggs, cream and cumin in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended; pour over ingredients in casserole dish. Press down on sausage mixture with back of spatula to completely cover sausage and bread with egg mixture; cover. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Bake, covered, 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, uncovering after 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Make Ahead: Assemble as directed. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, bake as directed.
6 servings (1/6 casserole each)