Cheesy Sausage Grits
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 quart (4 cups) water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, crumbled, cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Bring water, oregano and salt to a boil in large saucepan.
- Add grits gradually, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; cover. Cook 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1½ cups cheese and sour cream; cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Serve grits topped with sausage and remaining cheese. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage.)
6 servings (about ¾ cup each)