Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
6 green onions, sliced
½ cups milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer ½ of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
- Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
- Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours or on HIGH setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
Substitute 1 cup chopped fresh tomato for sun-dried tomatoes, if desired.
Substitute 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled for Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles.
12 servings (about 1 cup each)