Maple Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups French bread cubes (¾-inch pieces)
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes, sausage, apple mixture and 1-½ cups cheese; stir gently until evenly coated.
- Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 12 squares to serve.
To make ahead, assemble casserole as directed. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, uncover and bake 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.)
Serve with warm maple syrup.)
12 servings (1 square each)