Sausage and Spinach Alfredo
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:25 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ½ pound fettuccine, cooked, drained
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in stockpot over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to pan.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM; cook 4-5 minutes or until most of the wine is cooked off.
- Add pasta, cream and cheese; bring just to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach; cover. Let stand 3 minutes. Season with pepper.
For best results, use grated, not shredded, Parmesan cheese.)
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Italian Roll Sausage. Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese.)
6 servings (about 1¼ cups each)