Sausage & Cheese Enchiladas
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas(6 inch)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet.
- Add chilies, garlic and cumin; mix well. Cook over MEDIUM heat 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Brush both sides of 1 tortilla lightly with enchilada sauce. Spoon about ¼ cup sausage mixture down center of tortilla; top with rounded tablespoon of cheese. Roll tortilla up; place, seam-side down, in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until enchiladas are thoroughly heated. Top with onions. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
For best results, assemble enchiladas one at a time. Instead of brushing tortillas with sauce as directed, you can instead dip tortillas in sauce in shallow dish. Brush off excess sauce before topping with sausage mixture and cheese.)
6 servings (2 enchiladas each)