Sausage Combo Pizza
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:23 to 28 minutes
- 3¼ to 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1⅓ cups very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup Francesco Rinaldi® Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Bake crust on lowest oven rack for 10 to 12 minutes, until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue baking for 13 to 16 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
1 (12-inch) pizza