Amanda's Sausage Stuffed Manicotti
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 10 uncooked manicotti noodles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add milk and bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add ¼ cup mozzarella cheese; stir until melted.
- Fill manicotti shells with sausage mixture and place in a single layer in a lightly greased, 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over manicotti to cover completely. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until manicotti is thoroughly heated and cheese is lightly browned.
Cook’s Tip: For easy filling of manicotti. Place sausage mixture in a large re-sealable bag. Cut corner of bag to fill manicotti.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.