Chicago Style Sausage Pizza
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 pkg. (11 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, well drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced ripe olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Use spoon to break sausage roll into 1-inch chunks. Cook in large skillet over MEDIUM heat 12-15 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, turning frequently; drain.
- Unroll pizza dough on lightly greased baking sheet; press or roll into 13x12-inch rectangle. Pinch edges to form ½-inch-high rim. Bake 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over crust; top with sausage and tomatoes. Add optional toppings as desired; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 14-17 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown. Cut into 6 pieces to serve.
For added flavor, spread partially baked crust with ¼ cup pesto sauce before topping with cheese.)
6 servings (1 piece each)