Trisha’s Mexican Taco Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pkg. (1 ¼ ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and amount of water as indicated on taco seasoning package and prepare according to package directions. Stir in 1 cup cheese; mix lightly.
- Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture and arrange in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and peppers are tender, removing foil in last 5-10 minutes of baking. Top with additional cheese before serving, if desired.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.
6 servings (1 stuffed pepper half each)