Sausage and Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:15 to 18 minutes
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 to 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Francesco Rinaldi® Four Cheese Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean® Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper strips, well drained
- 1 packed cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Italian Herb Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Islands® Garlic Powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine whole wheat flour, flax seed, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with Alfredo sauce. Top with sausage, red bell pepper strips and spinach. Sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning and garlic and then cheese.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 15 to 18 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
1 (12-inch) pizza