Stuffed Sausage Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:40 to 45 minutes
- 3¼ to 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1⅓ cups very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Francesco Rinaldi® Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and ⅓ cup of the oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Reserve ⅓ of the dough and place in bowl; cover. Brush a round 12-inch pizza pan (at least 2-inches deep) with oil. Pat dough evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Cook and stir onion, mushrooms and garlic in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in sausage; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until sausage is hot. Stir in spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir in mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon sausage mixture over crust. Roll out remaining dough to a 12-inch circle. Place on top of filling. Crimp edges and seal with a fork. Pour pasta sauce over crust. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
1 (12-inch) pizza