Naomi’s Sausage and Mushroom Pasta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups beef or chicken stock, divided
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta, cooked and drained
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place fennel seeds, coriander seeds and peppercorns in a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until fragrant and fennel seeds begin to darken, about 2 to 3 minutes. Cool spices for 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer cooled spices to a spice grinder or small coffee mill and process to a fine grind. Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in salt; set aside.
- Cook sausage in large saucepan over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in mushrooms; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in wine and bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute while scraping up browned bits. Add 1 1/2 cups stock; and toasted seasonings. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 1 hour to develop flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and toss to coat. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.