End Zone Sausage Pizza
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:5-18 minutes
- Pizza Crust
- 1¾ to 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- ⅓ cup prepared nacho cheese sauce
- ½ cup Francesco Rinaldi® Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced OR 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped jarred jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Sprinkle sausage over crust. Dollop cheese sauce and pasta sauce over sausage and spread to cover. Top with green onion slices, jalapeno peppers and shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
1 (12-inch) pizza