Southwestern Sausage Ravioli and Avocado Salsa Vinaigrette
Prep Time:45 Minutes
Cook Time:30 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- ½ cup (2 oz.) finely grated Manchego cheese
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. (16 ounces) wonton wrappers (60 wonton wrappers)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 large poblano chile peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Combine sausage, cheese, shallot, garlic and pepper in a large bowl. Beat egg with water. Place one wonton wrapper on clean working surface; brush edges with egg wash. Place 1 tablespoon sausage mixture onto center of each wrapper. Top with second wrapper. Press edges together to seal. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place peppers, garlic, lime juice, vinegar and sugar in a blender container; process until smooth, adding water, if necessary to puree. Add olive oil; process until smooth.
- Combine avocado, tomato, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette; toss lightly.
- Cook ravioli, in batches, in boiling water 2 to 3 min. or until ravioli floats to top.
- Serve warm ravioli in bowls with salsa vinaigrette.
6 serving (5 ravioli and about 1 cup avocado salsa each)