Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:15 Minutes
- 2 medium acorn squash, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place squash, cut-sides down, in 13x9-inch microwaveable dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Turn squash halves over; fill with sausage mixture. Microwave, covered, 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cut in half to serve.
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sage or Regular Roll Sausage.)
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles heated through and drained.)