Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:1 hour 10 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage
- 1½ cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1½ cups salsa, divided
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 red, yellow or green bell peppers
- Combine sausage, rice, 1 cup of the salsa and 1 cup of the cheese and salt in a large bowl.
- Remove tops from bell peppers; discard tops, seeds and membranes. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so it can stand upright. Stuff peppers with sausage mixture.
- Spray a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour remaining ½ cup salsa into bottom of slow cooker. Stand peppers upright in cooker; cover. Cook on low setting for 4-5 hours or until peppers are tender.
- Remove cover; sprinkle tops with ½ cup remaining cheese. Cover; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Carefully lift out peppers with slotted spoon using tongs support peppers.
Oven Variation: Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour salsa into the bottom of a 13x9-inch greased baking dish. Stand peppers in baking dish. Cover. Bake 50 minutes or until thoroughly heated.)
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original, Sage Flavor, Hot Pork Sausage Roll)
4 servings (1 stuffed pepper each))