Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:1 hour 35 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup canned tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ chopped fresh basil leaves
- 6 cups hot cooked pasta
- Additional chopped fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Cook sausage and oregano in large saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Spoon sausage mixture into bowl.
- Heat oil in same pan over MEDIUM heat. Add onions, carrots and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; cover. Simmer 1 hour or until thickened, stirring occasionally and uncovering after 45 minutes.
- Stir in cream and sugar. Return to a simmer; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in basil.
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with additional basil, if desired.
Omit whipping cream.)
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Italian Roll Sausage.)
6 servings (about 1¼ cups each)