Maria’s Baked Gnocchi with Sausage, Kale and Pesto
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 4 cups chopped kale, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook gnocchi in large saucepan according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Cook sausage in the same large saucepan over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage to pan. Add kale. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until kale is tender. Remove sausage mixture from saucepan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add milk; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked gnocchi in the bottom of a lightly greased, 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with sausage and kale mixture and top evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted and lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.