Prep Time:25 Minutes
Cook Time:30 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1 pkg. (1 ¼ ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 10 cups restaurant-style tortilla chips (10 ounces), coarsely broken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, beans, water and seasoning mix; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place broken tortilla chips in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of 1 cup cheese, sausage mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Cut into 8 squares. Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Restaurant-style tortilla chips are thicker than other types of tortilla chip and maintain their texture better in this casserole. Look for them in either the snack chips or Hispanic food sections of your grocery store.)
8 servings (1 square each)