Sausage Broccoli Pasta
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 3 cups coarsely chopped broccoli rabe or small broccoli florets
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces cellentani or cavatappi pasta, cooked, drained
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage to skillet.
- Add broccoli rabe and tomatoes; mix well. Cook over MEDIUM heat 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Bring just to a boil, stirring constantly; simmer 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
Cellentani or cavatappi pasta is a pasta tube that has been twisted to resemble the shape of a corkscrew. If you don’t have either of these pastas, you can use rotini or fusilli pasta instead.)
For best results, use grated, not shredded, Parmesan cheese. Serve topped with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.)
6 servings (about 1¼ cups each)