Lori's Honey Barbecue Sausage Meatloaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Sausage or Italian Roll Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat cook and stir over low heat 5 minutes or until hot. Set aside to cool.
- Place sausage and ground beef in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sauce; mix lightly. Set aside.
- Cook and stir onion and carrot in olive oil over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Add vegetables, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, thyme and salt and pepper to taste to meat mixture; mix lightly.
- Lightly pat mixture into a foiled-lined, , greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Top with 3 tablespoons sauce. Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Spoon additional sauce over meatloaf during last 25 minutes, if desired.
- Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.