Becky’s Two-Meat Chili with Sausage
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 package Jimmy Dean® Hot or Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 pounds ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1-ounce package chili seasoning mix (such as Original William’s Chili Seasoning)
- ¼ to ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional toppings: chopped onions, hot sauce, sliced jalapeños, shredded cheese, crackers, sour cream, chopped cilantro
- Cook sausage, beef, onion and garlic in large saucepan over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, black beans, kidney beans, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili seasoning packet, ketchup, mustard, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally until thickened and flavors are blended.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.