Liren's Sausage Molo Soup (A Filipino Wonton Soup)
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped turnip
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- 85 wonton wrappers, divided
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine sausage, turnip, onion, green onion, soy sauce, whole egg, ginger in a large bowl, mix until blended.
- Cut 10 wonton wrappers into 1-inch strips for noodles. Cover and set aside.
- Place several wonton wrappers on work surface; brush edges lightly with eggs white. Spoon one teaspoon of filling onto the center of each wrapper. Fold one edge of the wrapper to meet the other edge, forming a rectangle. Press edges together to seal. Join the bottom two ends of the rectangle together to form dumpling. Cover filled wontons with damp towel to keep moist.
- Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Drop in the wontons, one at time to keep them from sticking; stirring occasionally. Stir in noodle strips and chicken. Cook about 10 minutes, or until the wontons float to the top and the filling reaches 160°F.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve with additional chopped green onion, if desired.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.