Sausage Cheese Soup
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup beer
- 2 ½ cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in large saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to pan.
- Add flour and cumin; mix well. Cook and stir over MEDIUM heat 1 minute.
- Stir in broth gradually. Add milk and beer; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add cheese, cooking and stirring after each addition until completely melted.
6 servings (about 1 cup each)