Maple Apple Sausage Pockets
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:20 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large tart apple, diced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refrigerated jumbo biscuits (16 biscuits)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine sausage, cheese and apple in large bowl. Stir in walnuts, if desired.
- Press or roll out each biscuit on lightly floured surface to a 5-inch circle. Spoon ¼ cup sausage mixture onto center of each biscuit. Beat egg with water; brush onto edges of biscuits. Fold in half; press edges together with fork to seal.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Brush tops with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with syrup, if desired.
16 servings (1 pocket each)