Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refrigerated jumbo biscuits (16 biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine sausage, mozzarella cheese, green pepper, onion, ⅓ cup pizza sauce and garlic powder in large bowl.
- Beat egg and water in small bowl with wire whisk or fork until well blended. Press or roll out each biscuit on lightly floured surface to 5-inch circle. Spoon rounded 2 tablespoons sausage mixture onto center of each biscuit. Brush edges lightly with egg wash; fold in half. Press edges together to seal. Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Brush tops with remaining egg wash; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining pizza sauce.
- Serve pizza pockets with sauce.
16 servings (1 pizza pocket each)