Sausage Sloppy Joes
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:12 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage, onion and pepper in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili sauce, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 3-4 minutes or until sausage mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Fill buns with sausage mixture and cheese.
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage)
8 servings (1 sandwich each)