Quick Sausage Toscana Soup
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 2 slices Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Thick Sliced Maple Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 cups frozen O’Brien potatoes with onions and peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Great Northern beans or white beans, drained, divided
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Combine sausage, bacon, potatoes, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 can of beans, Italian seasoning and lemon pepper in a large saucepan.
- Place remaining can of drained beans and chicken broth in a blender container; cover and process until smooth. Stir into sausage mixture.
- Bring soup to a boil over MEDIUM-HIGH heat; reduce heat to LOW. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach and milk. Cook for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Season to taste with salt, if desired. Serve in bowls.
6 servings (about 1 cup each)