Mexican Sausage Crostini
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 2 loaves French bread (8 ounces each), each cut into 15 slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup (about 1½ ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil; place in single layer on baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until both sides of each slice are lightly toasted, turning after 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; drain.
- Beat eggs, onions, salt and pepper in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to skillet; cook and stir 4 minutes or until set. Stir in sausage.
- Top toast slices with salsa, sausage mixture and cheese.
- Bake 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and cilantro.
30 servings (1 crostini each)