Sage Sausage Stuffing
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Sage Pork Sausage Roll
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped or coarsely grated carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary 1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag (14 ounces) cubed herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, celery, onion, carrots, garlic and rosemary in large stockpot over MEDIUM-HIGH heat for 8 minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix, chicken broth, black pepper and egg; mix just until blended.
- Spoon into lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until thoroughly (160°F).
If you don’t have a stockpot, cook the sausage, celery, onion, carrots, garlic and rosemary in a large skillet. Add spinach and mushroom; cook as directed. Pour over stuffing mix in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix just until blended. Bake as directed.)
If you prefer a crisper stuffing, remove foil for the last 15 minutes of the baking time.)
12 servings (1 cup each)