Maple Apple Sausage Stuffing
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bag (14 ounces) cubed herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups apple juice
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage, celery, apples and onion in large stockpot over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix, apple juice, cranberries and egg; mix just until blended.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover.
- Bake 45 minutes; sprinkle with pecans, if desired. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until stuffing is thoroughly heated and nuts are lightly toasted.
If you don’t have a stockpot or large pan, cook the sausage, celery, apples and onion in a skillet, then pour over stuffing mix in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; stir just until blended. Bake as directed.)
12 servings (1 cup each)