Mediterranean Sausage Braid
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 container (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 small tomato, seeded, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet into large rectangle (about 10x12-inches). Sprinkle the sausage down center of dough. Sprinkle with olives, mozzarella cheese, tomato and feta cheese.
- Use a sharp knife to make 7 diagonal cuts in exposed pastry on each side of filling, stopping ½ inch from filling. Fold strips over filling, alternating sides until filling is enclosed.
- Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water. Brush dough with egg.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until braid are is golden brown. Cut into 6 slices to serve.
6 servings (1 slice each)