Sausage & Black Bean Soup
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- Melt butter with oil in large saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Add carrots, onions and celery; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add sausage, beans, broth, salt and black pepper; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to LOW; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Pour into blender in batches; blend until smooth, pouring each batch of pureed soup into serving bowl.
- Top individual servings of soup with sour cream and red pepper.
8 servings (about 1 cup each)