Philly Sausage Grinder
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thin green bell pepper strips
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 3 French bread rolls
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook sausage, onion, green peppers, oregano and garlic in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 5 minutes.
- Cut rolls lengthwise in half. Remove centers, leaving ½-inch-thick shells. Discard removed bread or reserve for another use.
- Spoon sausage mixture into bread shells; top with cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with crushed pepper, if desired.
Use removed bread to make breadcrumbs. Place bread in blender and blend until fine crumbs form. Store in freezer until ready to use as desired.)
6 servings (1 open-faced sandwich each)