Prep Time:40 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles
- 2 pkgs. refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on pkg.
- ½ cup chopped apples
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped and peeled sweet potato
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven of 400⁰F.
- Cook and stir olive oil and sweet potatoes over MEDIUM heat 3-5 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to brown.
- Stir in sausage crumbles and apples, cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until hot and sweet potato is tender. Stir in cheese, cinnamon and salt.
- Remove pie crust from pouch. Unroll pie crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll pie crust to 18-inches in diameter. Cut out circles using a 2-½-3 inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 heaping teaspoon sausage mixture in the center of each circle. Moisten edges of dough with water; fold dough over and press edges to seal. Use fork to seal edges.
- Place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining pie crusts and filling. Brush tops lightly with egg.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and hot in center.
Recipe can be halved. Empanadas can be frozen before the egg wash.)
Around 48 Empanadas