Maple Sausage Fruit and Nut Stuffing
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bag (14 ounces) cubed unseasoned stuffing mix
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup finely chopped tart baking apple
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cook sausage and onion in large stockpot over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix just until blended.
- Pour into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover.
- Bake 1 hour or until thoroughly heated (160°F), uncovering after 45 minutes.
To substitute toasted bread cubes for the stuffing mix, cut bread into ½-inch cubes; spread evenly onto bottom of large shallow baking pan. Bake in preheated 400°F oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 5 minutes. If you don’t have a stockpot or large pan, cook the sausage and onion in a skillet; pour over stuffing cubes in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; stir just until blended. Pour into baking dish. Bake as directed.)
12 servings (1 cup each)