Maple Sausage Corn Bread Pudding
Prep Time:1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 1 pkg. (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- ½ pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- ¾ cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half or whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare muffin batter according to package directions; pour into lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes; place in 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to lightly greased 2-quart casserole.
- Melt butter in large skillet over MEDIUM heat. Add onion and thyme, if desired; cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Spoon over bread cubes; top with sausage and corn.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended; pour over ingredients in casserole. Gently press bread cubes into egg mixture until completely covered. Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, uncovering after 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
6 servings (¾ cup each)