Sausage Risotto with Spinach and Tomatoes
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:35 Minutes
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white portions only)
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring broth to a boil in 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to LOW to keep broth hot.
- Cook sausage, leeks and fennel in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in rice; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine; cook until wine is almost completely absorbed. Add ½ cup of the warm broth; cook until broth is absorbed, stirring constantly. Repeat with remaining broth, adding ½ cup at a time. (This will take about 20 minutes.)
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes, basil, and pepper; cook just until spinach is wilted, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with cheese.
4 servings (1-½ cups each)