Sausage, Mushroom and Cranberry Tart
Prep Time:30 Minutes
Cook Time:30 Minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (½ of 14.1-oz. pkg.)
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh baby Portobello mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- ¾ cup dried cranberries, divided
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Press pie crust onto bottom and up side of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edge, reserving trimmings. Prick bottom of crust with fork. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Reduce heat to 375°F.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place in large bowl. Add eggs, cheese, ½ cup cranberries, cream, parsley and sausage mixture; mix well. Pour into tart shell.
- Roll out reserved pie crust trimmings on lightly floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut into decorative shapes; arrange over filling.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with onions and remaining cranberries. Cut into 8 wedges to serve.
8 servings (1 wedge each)