Maple Sausage and Apple Braid
Prep Time:30 Minutes
Cook Time:25 Minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage
- 2 apples, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook sausage and apples in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Cool slightly.
- Combine onions, cranberries and 2 eggs in large bowl. Add sausage mixture and flour; mix lightly.
- Unroll pastry sheets on 2 baking sheets. Spoon half of the sausage mixture down center of each sheet.
- Beat remaining egg with water; brush onto uncovered pastry.
- Use a sharp knife to make 7 diagonal cuts in exposed pastry on each side of filling, stopping 1 inch from filling. Fold strips over filling, alternating sides until filling is enclosed.
- Brush pastries with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 23-27 minutes or until braids are crisp and golden brown. Cut each into 6 slices to serve.
12 servings (1 slice each)