Jeanne’s Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 medium tomatoes or 4 large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles, cooked, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine sausage, bread crumbs, onion, egg and salt and pepper to taste in large bowl; mix lightly.
- Remove tops from tomatoes; save for later. Scoop seeds out of tomatoes, leaving a ¼-inch shell; discard seeds. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each tomato so it can stand upright. Stuff tomatoes with sausage mixture; stand in baking dish. Top with tomato tops.
- Bake 60 minutes. Remove tops continue baking 20-30 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked (160°F). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with egg noodles, if desired.
This recipe was created in partnership with Jimmy Dean brand for the Family Table program.
Prepare using 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Sage Flavor or Hot Pork Sausage Roll.)
4-6 servings (1 stuffed tomato each)