Banh Mi Sausage Burgers
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 large carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce) divided
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Brioche hamburger buns
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- Make the pickled vegetables: Combine cucumber, carrot, jalapeño, vinegar, water and one tablespoon sugar and salt to taste in a medium bowl; mix lightly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare the sausage burgers: Combine sausage, 1 tablespoon of hot chili sauce, fish sauce, garlic, green onion, corn starch and 1 teaspoon of remaining sugar; mix lightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper; if desired. Shape mixture into four ½-inch-thick patty.
- Cook in a large skillet over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning frequently for even browning.
- Combine mayonnaise with remaining 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce.
- Fill each brioche bun with a burger patty, spicy mayonnaise, pickled vegetables and cilantro leaves, if desired.