Sausage and Spinach Quiche
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (½ or 14.1-oz pkg.), softened as directed on pkg.
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust according to package directions for one-crust pie.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, sausage, spinach and onions; spoon into crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until edge of filling is golden brown and knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Cover edge of crust with strips of foil for the last 15 minutes of baking time if crust becomes too brown.)
8 servings (1 slice each)